We had a fantastic open house and first two days back to school. Thanks to all for your support and for allowing us the privilege of pouring into the lives of your children. Our team is strong and we are looking forward to an amazing year of learning. Please look for this weekly communication to help you stay on top of everything that is happening at our wonderful school. The best schools always have the best parents and the best parents are always informed.
Please complete and have your child turn in all student registration packets to their homeroom teacher by Monday. Additional packets are available in the office if needed. Thank you for helping us ensure that we have up-to-date contact information.
Kindergarten Parent Breakfast
Monday 8:00-8:30 in the Cafeteria after drop-off of students to classrooms.
SCHOOL PLANNERS & TUESDAY FOLDERS
All students will have important papers and school information sent home weekly in Tuesday Folders. Parents will need to sign and return Tuesday Folders on Wednesday of each week. Thank you!
All students in grades 3-8 will need a school planner. The cost is $5.00. They will need to bring planners to school daily to write down assignments. Teachers will also write in student planners as needed. Please check your child’s planners for teacher communication specific to your child.
Breakfast starts at 7:15 Daily
7:15-7:45 Breakfast and students are allowed inside building to sit next to their homerooms quietly until start of school. Students will no longer wait in the gym.
10:00 Kindergarten Lunch
10:30-11:00 Grades 1 & 2 Lunch
11:05-11:50 Middle School Lunch Grades 5-8
12:00-12:30 Grades 3 & 4 Lunch
Please contact the school no later than 2:00 if you change your child’s pick-up location.
Early check-outs that are not emergencies disrupt our dismissal and take away from critical instructional time.
If you know your child will be checked out early for an appointment, please send a note with your child to the school that morning and they will be sent to the office at the designated time.
Please help us maximize learning by not checking students out early unless it is an emergency. Thank you!
Car Line Pick-Up:
Please have name car tags visible.
- Kindergarten parents please write Kinder on your car tag along with child’s name.
- Car Line Pick-Up students are released from the Gym.
- Car line starts from Subbert Way not 12th street. Please DO NOT come down 12th Street.
- Please keep your name tag visible until your car is loaded.
- If your child is not loaded when called you will be asked to park at the annex and a staff person will walk your child over to you. We don’t want to hold up the line.
- Our goal is to have all students picked up and gone by 3:20.
Park & Walk Pick-Up:
- Parents who wish to park and walk to pick-up students from the Elementary pick-up location do not go to the gym as it confuses the students and disrupts dismissal.
- Park & Walk students will be released from the elementary building ONLY.
- There is no dismissal from the office.
- Park & Walk Pick-ups must be made by 3:10.
- Students not picked up by 3:10 will be sent to the gym and you will have to go through the car line.
Thank you for helping us make for a smooth and quick dismissal.
Students that walk home are dismissed from the Elementary Building at 3:00.
After School Programming Options:
Rogers Activity Center,
Boys & Girls Club
Thanks for your patience and flexibility during these first weeks of school.
JOIN OUR PTA
If you would like to join PTA and were unable to do so at Open House please send $5.00 with your child to school and their teacher will send it to the office. Thank you!
PTA T-Shirt Order Forms will be sent home in Tuesday Folders. Please get one of our cool 2015-16 school shirts to wear on spirit days. T-Shirts cost only $10.00.
PTA Meeting Monday August 31 in the school’s cafeteria 3:30-5:30. Please plan to attend if you can. Thank you!
We will need parent volunteers to make this year a huge success. Please like our PTA Parent Facebook Page and let us know how you would like to help.
Some of the volunteer opportunities are:
- Homeroom Moms
- Spooky Science Night
- Yearbook (Taking Pictures at events/field trips etc.)
- Lesson Prep (Assembling supplies for projects and learning centers)
- Tuesday Folders
- Class Parties
- Field Day
- Watch Dog Dads
- And so much more!!!!!!!!!!!
- Monday, August 17th First Day for Kindergarten Parent Meeting for Kinder Parents 8-8:30 in the cafeteria after drop-off
- Wednesday, August 19th, 8:30 am 5-8 Student Expectations Assembly
- Thursday, August 20th, 8:30 am Elementary Student Expectations Assembly
- Monday, August 31, 3:30 p.m. PTA Meeting in the Cafeteria
- Wednesday, September 2, Middle School Night At the Museum 6-8 pm. Students are preparing special tours and presentations for parents.
PLEASE PARDON OUR DUST
Our first phase of construction is complete with the removal of the old canopy. We are excited about our soon to be completed Marlon Blackwell design building entrance.
Visit the new website for information this year at artsk12.org.